C-section Delivery & Breastfeeding...
Today, I want to talk about the achievements of my beautiful journey named "Pregnancy". As a Nutritionist by profession, I was having many targets to be achieved during my pregnancy. My beautiful journey started of pregnancy exactly a year before. On April 7, 2019, we came to know that we are expecting a baby. It was a mixed feeling. We were very happy as well as bit tensed as to how we are going to travel this journey. I, being a nutritionist, was more worried about my healthy pregnancy. When I conceived I was obese and required only a few kgs to gain during my entire pregnancy journey, and the best part was I achieved this target. I also wished not to have gestational diabetes and I have achieved that too. I also wished to eat healthy and that too was achieved.
Days and months passed and delivery was near. I and my family were expecting a normal delivery but the situation created was against our wish. Yes, we had to go for a c-section delivery. Honestly, the word c-section itself is very scary but there was no other choice. Now with this, I had another target that was to be achieved, was to initiate breastfeeding within one hour of birth of my child. The global data says that if early initiation is not done then we are risking the child's life and the child may get various infections.
I had seen that after delivery (c-section or normal ) the children were given formula feed as the mother is unaware or not mentally prepared for doing breastfeeding. Breast milk is the best milk for the child and if the child is attached to the mother's breasts within one hour they can start sucking and can effectively breastfeed easily as they are most active in that one hour.
I always wanted to achieve this, and I was confident. I consulted my doctor and my family members to attach my child within one hour and do that every 2 hours because I never wanted to give formula milk to my child. The first 24 hours are most important to start the breastfeeding and with c-section we need support. It was very painful but my mind was strong. My mind was so strong for breastfeeding that a sleeping injection also didn't work and I was feeding in the night as well, of course with the support of my family. After 24 hours when I was allowed to get up and sit, I started breastfeeding by myself. I wanted to share my experience with you all because I want to promote the initiation of breastfeeding and with my experience you just have to make your mind strong. If we are bringing an individual to this world, it is our due responsibility to comfort that individual.

Lovely write up
ReplyDeleteAwesome 👍
ReplyDeleteVery good information. Loved it!
ReplyDeleteMany more information is coming soon. So stay tuned. Thank you
DeleteWow
ReplyDeleteYashika .. I went through the same when was expecting Jia .. on the OT table my pediatrician told lakshmiji avya and then I suddenly heard my gynec instruct nurse take the baby clean and hand it over to family ask them to bring the formula feed. As in C section your upper body is concious I just had to object the gyne and say ma'am pl I would want to feed my baby first before you clean and hand over to my family. On which she asked r u sure I said yes but I need ur help . And I sussessfully breastfed my baby while they were still taking stitches. Jia started suckling.. active baby by birth within 30 min of delivery before she was cleaned. Also I breastfed her till she was 3 and half years .. exclusive till 6 months and than after with complementary feeding. Your lessons of IYCF are going to be different as your baby will teach you as per his requirements. All the best for all new practical lessons of IYCF. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I am enjoying it and it makes me more confident. I am lucky to implement my theoretical knowledge into practical. We were too strong mentally and totally aware about the cost of not doing it.
DeleteExperience is beautifully described in form of words.and it will inspire other expectant mothers too.pl do share on platforms like LinkedIn.
ReplyDeleteSure
DeleteBeautiful 😍
ReplyDeleteThanks to all for your valuable time to read it and for the comments.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up. Your knowledge and experience will be very helpful for others.
ReplyDelete